Phoenix Institute respects the privacy of all persons’ personal information and is guided by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs), set out in Schedule 3 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) when it handles personal information obtained from students.
Phoenix and its officers, employees and those who perform services by or on behalf of the Phoenix Institute, shall ensure that:
- Personal information is collected for the purpose of providing education services;
- Suitable storage arrangements, including appropriate filing procedures, are in place;
- Suitable security arrangements exist for all records containing personal information;
- Access to a student’s own personal information held by Phoenix Institute is made available to the student at no charge;
- Records are accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading;
- Where a record is found to be inaccurate, the correction is made;
- Where a student requests that a record be amended because it is inaccurate but the record is found to be accurate, the details of the request for amendment are noted on the record;
- The personal information is only to be used for the purposes for which it was collected, or for other purposes where the person has consented or as required by law; and
- Personal information is only disclosed with the person’s consent or as required by law.